I have read a lot of blog posts today about people’s wishes for 2010. After a meaningful conversation with my husband today, I’ve discovered my wishes are pretty few, and simple. I had a much easier time thinking of things I wish NOT to happen in 2010.
Here are my Wishes for 2010:
– To make more time to spend with the Lord, other than the frequent “Jesus please help me *insert meltdown here*
– To birth a healthy baby in a much happier experience than my previous birth experience
– To look back on 2010 NEXT New Year’s Eve and say “that was a year well spent”
As for the things I wish NOT to happen….
Here are the things I wish NOT to happen in 2010-
– I would like to not have to use my AAA membership to get my cars towed or fixed
– I wish to not have to give birth in a hospital, but happily at home surrounded by love and snacks
– I wish to not be separated from family, even the family of friends
– I wish to not have issues losing baby weight, because it looks like there may be a lot of it by the end.
– I wish to never have to say the words “OH my gosh it’s totally flooded” in any context. I can’t think of a context where that would be a good thing to be saying. Maybe if we built a pool?
– I wish to not ever pull a groin muscle. Or break a toe. They may be little parts, but they are essential
Mostly for 2010 I desire to see the things Aaron is passionate about come to fruition: His photography improve, his client base grow, and his heart be alive doing something he loves. I’d happily sacrifice a toe to see him happy that way, because he deserves that kind of joy, for being awesome.
I keep wanting to bring this to a clever and climactic and thought-provoking close, but like my friend Refe sarcastically says, it’s not like anyone has ever done that before.
Toast the New Year for me tonight at midnight, because like any sane person, I’ll be asleep.
Love and Wishes,